Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our furry family members and their gift of unconditional love.......


Our 'furry friends', our little bundles of love and affection, or our family pets. These awesome "relatives" are the most uncomplicated and vulnerable members of our family. They require only food, water, shelter, and a safe place to sleep. In return, they give to us all the unconditional love and affection they have to offer, as though it was their purpose to make us happy and to feel needed. They seem to be in constant "show of appreciation" mode.

Pictured above are me and our dog Skippy, aka Skippy Doodles, taken last summer. He is my shadow, my little buddy. Yes, he can be tiresome sometimes with his in and out and in and out needs and an "accident" here or there; but really, that's about it. I never have to look far to find someone around to make me feel like I am the most important person alive. It is as though how I feel matters to him. To some, this may sound a bit odd, I know, but this is the vibe he presents to me all the time.Of course, he is treasured by everyone in our household. We are blessed to have him as part of our family.



If you have a pet already, I'm sure you can relate to these feelings of affection toward your furry family member also. If not, and you are open to the idea, I would suggest adopting one of these loving creatures for yourself. To know the love of a pet is quite different from any other love relationship you may have had. This unconditional love enriches your life in many ways, some of which include: a friendship/companionship more loyal than most, a complete desire for your happiness, and the gift of approval on a daily basis. Also, there is a stress relieving factor that pets seem to exude over humans as well as a healing component for the ill.

I suggest this special relationship to you in order to enrich and diversify the love around you. The gift of a family to a pet, especially to one who is in great need of a home, is a most beautiful act of kindness on your part; and in return, you will be repaid tenfold by your new family member for years to come.

5 comments:

  1. could not be more true!! not quite sure where we'd be without the doodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is truly one of a kind. Having the pleasure of meeting Skippy, I know what you are saying. Seventeen plus years ago our family had a dog named Emily. She was truly a member of our family. Everything you say about Skippy or having a pet is true....complete trust and affection, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, everyone loves The Doodles and The Doodles loves everyone.... xox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog!!!!!!! Welcome to the blogosphere girlfriend. Your post made me think of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX2L4b384-8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, thanks so much for taking the time and voicing your approval. It means a lot to me.....LOVE the video!! Perfect. All who read this post should be sure to watch it. Brightened my day for sure. Thanks again ;-)

    ReplyDelete