Thursday, May 19, 2011

Today's Gift 5/19/11: The acre of tall grass that needs to be mowed....



Why is this a gift? Well, when we moved here over 10 years ago, our "lawn" was green; green weeds that is. I'd say 20 percent was actual grass and the rest, a complete mess. After a lot of hard labor, much patience, and at great expense, we now have more grass than weeds. The mere fact that I have grass to mow instead of weeds makes me grateful. Even though mowing can be a laborious chore. 

To make the best of it; I tie a cool bandanna on my head; put on large dark shades, and crank the tunes on my ipod REAL LOUD. The only way to ride a Lawn Tractor is to Rock It with a smile!

1 comment:

  1. There is a poem that I have needle pointed that reads, " The kiss of the sun for pardon, the song of the birds for mirth, you are nearer to God's heart in a garden, than anywhere else on earth."

    ReplyDelete