Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Gardening gifts and connections made........"


We are, as humans, creators. As you invest your time in the reproduction/replenishing of flower and fauna, you are connecting with nature in a most wonderful way. You are, in essence, the mother of what you propagate, watching your offspring grow and thrive, nurturing/guiding it along when needed, and reaping the benefits of its strong growth and great beauty

To me, gardening is more than just digging a hole in the ground and dropping in a plant or two. it's a completely spiritual experience; a time to connect with Mother Nature and all her glory. As I dig in the dirt, it take in the aroma of the earth and feel as though i am making a contribution of sorts to my family, friends, community, and to myself. I feel that it is of great benefit to beautify your surroundings to every other living creature in your midst. I use the time spent in the garden for reflection, thinking of what was and what will become. I cannot help but feel a sense of hope and peace when I am in the garden.


This connection brings me to a great place of gratitude as well as accomplishment. Being grateful for the opportunity and ability to be one with the earth and the satisfaction of the contribution I have been able to make in my own little way.


In sharing my thoughts and feelings about my "garden experience" to you, I hope that the next time you go out into your garden you are able to take a moment and truly reflect on what it means to you, and how it benefits your well being and peace of mind. If you do not have a garden (for whatever reason) you may want to reconsider the idea of being a gardener. you don't have to "go big". Start out small with a manageable space that does not overwhelm you at first. you can always increase its size as is wanted or needed. If land is unavailable, please consider container gardening. This type of gardening can be most creative as well as inspirational!


(All these photos are courtesy of my own garden!)

2 comments:

  1. There is a saying that goes, "The kiss of the sun for pardon, the songs of the birds for mirth, you are nearer to god's heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth". Don't know who wrote this saying, but there is truth in the way you feel differently when your hands are in that soil. Just peaceful!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just Beautiful.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete