Monday, November 14, 2011

The Betrayal of Beauty.....

I have written before on the subject of Beauty. So when I happened upon this quote, I couldn't help but share it with you. It's short enough, to the point, and speaks volumes.



There are too many individuals who are misled into believing the lie/illusion of beauty. They, themselves, are therefore left feeling inadequate and undeserving of acceptance, and in even worse cases, love.



This self defecating attitude must end. These "ad wizards" and "image makers" should be held accountable for their unrealistic public portrayals of beauty. Unfortunately, society is brainwashed in this myth and all too compliant with these portrayals.



Maybe I'm a bit passionate about this subject because I see beauty in all things.


Maybe it's because I know that perfection is an illusion.



Maybe it because of all the pain and heartache that comes with trying to live up to others' expectations in regards to their appearance. Which, in some cases can be a precursor to self abusive behavior.



I believe that the key to success in changing any negative perceptions about others lies in education and positive role models and mentors. We must learn to not live in ignorance but to thrive in the acceptance of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment