Thursday, September 1, 2011

Change things up.................



Today, I decided to get rid of the kitchen table and chairs and actually use the dining room. It will be a bit of an adjustment for my family, but it is for the better. We now have more room in the kitchen and are using a space that was only entered on the Holidays and Special Occasions.

I do these kinds of things often. I enjoy changing this up and around, whatever it may be. Could be the furniture one day, and my hair style the next. My wardrobe choices or the colors of the walls in my home. I could go on and on.

It's a funny thing though, because I do not like changing locations (I've already written about my many moves and how this has affected me) and have never been a real spontaneous individual when it come to certain circumstances.

Yet the simple idea of having the power to change things around me, whether it be my environment or myself, is quite satisfying and freeing. I have no problem with making different choices. I get excited and enthused to experience the final result, knowing that I can change even that up whenever I like.

It could be a control issue. It could be an artistic outlet. It could even be, that the process of reinvention is quite stimulating and fulfilling to me.

I share this with you, dear reader, so that you may think about the possibility of new possibilities. Free yourself from the things that confine you and that you no longer want to be defined by. Empower yourself to make the creative choices you so desire.



Be proud of your potential and creative spirit.


1 comment: