Sunday, September 11, 2011

Be Authentic....


I've always been a bit of a rebel. I never took too kindly to authority and always questioned everything and every one. I am grateful for having parents who kept me in check with loving discipline and a stable upbringing.

I've also always had a deep sense of being different from the norm. Yet, instead of feeling isolated because of it, I've instead felt special and blessed. This is who I am and I embrace my being. I enjoy being different from everyone else. I enjoy not fitting into any sort of molds. I enjoy being the unique individual that I am.

You see, dear reader, there is a fine line between individuality and narcissism. As responsible and loving beings, we much recognize the gift of this individual spirit that lives within ourselves, and at the same time, not take this uniqueness too seriously as to be self righteous and egotistical.

We are the only ones that are the best as being who we are. No one can be a better you, than you. If this includes coloring outside the lines and being a non-conformist, then let it be so.
If this means sticking out from the rest of the crowd, then more power to you. If this means standing up for what you believe to be right and true, even though you may be in the minority, then go for it.

By being authentic, you are, in essence, just being the person you were meant to be, not the person you were told you should or must be.

There is a very freeing sense of self that comes with the peace of mind of knowing and accepting who you are and embracing it always.

1 comment:

  1. My feeling exactly except for the bringing up part. I feel more liberated later in life. No matter when you realize this, it's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete